Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Writing Perspective

Create a new post on your blogspot account. Write a creative writing piece that answers the following question:

What do you think about writing? (formal, creative, journaling...any kind of writing)

All responses are welcome, BUT they must be in a creative writing format, such as a poem, character sketch, short anecdote, lyrics, drama, etc. Two examples have been provided for you as comments below.

GO WILD! BE CREATIVE!

2 comments:

  1. Wanting to tear my hair out
    Ripping shreds of paper
    I sit at my writing desk.
    Tick tock as the time passes
    I cannot think of a word.
    No matter what choices are given
    Garbage is what I write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hot summer sun beat down on my shoulders as I sat down on the front steps, crayons, markers and colored pencils in hand ready to create my next masterpiece. A girl stuck in the country with no playmates for miles—except for an older brother whose idea of fun was making her cry—has to ‘resort’ to creating dramas with her central characters as cats and her set built with metal and wood scraps. No one realized that these were the beginnings of a future drama teacher.
    The start of each new play began with drawings from my journal. Each drawing—not always depicting cats—was limited due to the inadequacies of my artistry, but the storylines in my head were vivid and imaginative; well, at least at the time I thought they were. Although they never demonstrated a beginning, middle or an end, the theme or general idea was evident.
    The story takes flight quickly and grasps worlds beyond my wildest dreams. Here I am able to explore life beyond the simple acreage. No matter what happened, how unwilling the cats were, how rotten the storyline, this young director was entertained for hours and hours with her illustrated scripts, imaginative set construction, and intolerable actors.

    ReplyDelete