1) Tools: Spelling and Grammar
HOW to edit:
1) Read through the essay for each type of common error
2) Read essay aloud
3) Read the essay in chunks—edit a paragraph and take a break, repeat
4) Read essay backwards
5) Have a partner read essay!!!!!
WHAT to edit:
1) I indented paragraphs when needed and created paragraphs/stanzas when needed.
2) Check for punctuation marks: Do I have periods, commas, questions marks, where needed?
3) Check for quotation marks: Do I need qoatation marks and do I use them properly?
4) All proper nouns and sentence starters are captilatlized.
5) All my sentences contain a noun and verb.
6) All my sentences are complete thoughts.
7) I do not have any run-on sentences or fragments.
8) I checked for homonyms and usage errors
9) I considered my line starters and enders for emphasis
10) I considered the punctuation marks for emphasis.
I really appriciate your post.I will definitly follow these steps.i will look forward to see Essay Editing Checklist.thanks
ReplyDelete