Monday, May 9, 2011

Response Prompts

Peer response is to encourage and motivate students to revise:

1) add
2) delete
3) rephrase, reword
4) rearrange

PRAISE—WHY???

• I like…
• I enjoyed…
• I connected with…
• You did a good job of…
• I remember when…
• Nice use of…

QUESTION

• Can you tell me more about…?
• What was happening when…?
• Can you describe this so that…?
• What thoughts were…?
• How did this happen?
• What was said?
• What does this look like?
• What senses were evoked here?
• What was going through “your” mind when…?

ADVICE

• Could you use a different word here?
• What do you think about…?
• I wonder if…
• Would you consider…?
• What would happen if you stopped, started…here?
• Could this be two separate pieces?
• What if you rearranged…?
• Could this…
• What if…
• Is it possible…

DO make comments like:
how did the character feel at this time? was he scared? upset? or did he not care?
i like how you used a flashback
How did this action play out? Can you provide more details on the physical parts?

DON"T make comments like:
delete?
maybe change to something else
?

No comments:

Post a Comment